Saturday, August 1, 2009

Messy Hands Summer Art Camp




This is the Washington Street Arts Center in Vermillion, where the art camp was held and where we all spent weeks chasing after little ones who ranged in ages from 4-14. Though most were on the younger side. The kids could come for the morning session or the afternoons for either 1 or 2 weeks. The classes offered were Printmaking, Ceramics, Drawing and Painting.



A class photo from the first week. I can't name the kids for their privacy but my favorite ones were the smallest kids- and those I loved best all happen to be seated in the front row!





One of what feels like a hundred snacks I prepared over the two weeks. Graham crackers and fruit seemed to be the favorite. I had a lot of almonds and dried cranberries on hand and getting the kids to eat it was almost impossible! The grown ups liked it though so it worked out okay.

Camp was fun but totally exhausting. By the end of the two weeks I was so drained all I could do was sleep! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat though. The chance to get out of town and see an old friend is too good to pass up!

No comments: