Saturday, May 2, 2009

Stitches in Time

I've been thinking a lot about embroidery lately. Jenna has been posting about it and its sent me back to my roots in a way. As a young girl I spent a lot of time on crafts. I remember in particular a sampler I was stitching- it was of mushrooms. I just bought Doodle Stitching based on Jenna's review of it and am excited by all the stitches and projects in it.


That combined with my routine checking in on this blog written by Joetta has me thinking about my new projects.


Her use of embroidery and text has my mind spinning. It made me think of an old piece I made... called "dirty little pillows," which was never fully realized.


I'm not sure what's coming next folks. But its going to be something.

1 comment:

joAnn said...

such beautiful examples...
the world has been trying to tell me something today as i have been inundated with images of embroidery. that book looks fantastic and i would LOVE to see your mushroom sampler!