Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hearts for Mary: May 31 1-4pm




“I never went out to buy a Valentine’s Day gift for her, instead I would rummage through my artist studio looking for scrap pieces of metal, wood, or anything else that I thought would look nice. On the larger pieces I inscribed a short note, though I signed all of them. Each year I presented to her another heart… and some years I would make as many as six.”

This upcoming Sunday May 31st, from 1-4pm I've been asked to host a drop in family workshop at the Burchfield Penney Art Center called "Hearts for Mary."

This workshop is coordinated with Duayne Hatchett exhibition: Form, Pattern and Invention on display now through August 30th.

Hatchett, a sculptor, painter and incredible local talent is also showing his "hearts," made for his late wife every year for Valentine's Day. The theme of the workshop is found object sculpture and is open to anyone visiting the museum that day.

The Burchfield-Penney is located on the Buffalo State campus at 1300 Elmwood Avenue. Directions can be found on their website at: www.yournewburchfieldpenney.com

See you there!

No comments: