Sunday, January 17, 2010

Is 17 days in too late for a Happy New Year?


I don't think so. For the first time this year I went downtown to see the ball drop. It was incredibly exciting - there's something really thrilling about being in a big crowd screaming "5, 4, 3, 2 ....." and since this is a small city I was able to be in viewing distance from the outskirts of the crowd, which is good when you're me and being in the middle freaks you out!

Sadly the new year brought senseless tragedy to the streets of our little city. My mind is still reeling at the news of yesterday's shooting at Merge Restaurant.

It seems an employee turned a gun on two of his co-workers, killing one of them. Seldom few details are being released right now which I think is best for the families involved. My deepest regrets and sympathies go to the owner's Sarah and Eliza and to the family of the man who lost his life. A link has been set up on their website to take donations for the family, which I recommend doing.

I have a few new finished projects that I'll post later this week, but talking about those things feels vulgar right now, so I'll give it some time.

Until soon, friends.

No comments: