Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thank you.

Second Storie's Indie Market last weekend was the best yet. It was so good to see so many old friends, and to meet so many new ones. It felt a lot like a family reunion.

I had some new items on hand this year, napkins with knitted napkin rings made from kitchen string and jute twine.


I re-designed the tea-stained cards I've been doing and added some fabric collaged journals. I'm very excited about them.

I'm most excited about my new screen-printed pillows. The response was really overwhelming and flattering. I sold so many on the first day of the sale I drove home and made a couple more as well as some little sachets. I have plans to print more fabric over the break and stock my etsy shop with them.

Link
I was also incredibly touched when a repeat customer from last year showed up looking for my glass etchings. I wish I had had some to offer her, but my little engraver is on the fritz and I haven't been able to track down a viable replacement. I've purchased some glass etching cream
but have yet to figure it out. All in time for sure, and I'll post as soon as I've got some made.

One of the best parts of these events is the trading! I made out like a bandit I must say, gorgeous new earrings from small bird, a new calendar from pistachio press, and some amazing flower pins from ReFashioned. I'll be putting up a post devoted to these amazing new items I have and all the other little things I picked up over the weekend.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for their support and for coming out to this amazing event. It was one of the best sales I've ever participated in.

If you're new to my little world I do hope you'll check in often. Thanks for reading and especially for taking home my little creations, it means a lot to me.

Until soon friends.

3 comments:

makakoa808 said...

Hi I noticed you mentioned your engraver is on the fritz... How did the cream glass engraving thing work out for you.. I also wanted to give that a try, but I was also looking at a CNC engraver like the Vision Engraving Systems Max Pro Engraver.
It does glass, rings, jewelry engraving, cylindrical things as well as flat.

http://www.visionengravers.com/products/MAX-Pro-glass-engraving-machine.html

but I wanted to know how well the cream etching works.

Jessica said...

I have to say that I really enjoyed your space at Second Storie! I'm also glad that I've found my way here! Lovely!

Elizabeth Switzer said...

Thanks Jessica! I'm glad you found me as well. Please stop in and say hello often! :)

And Makakoa808 - I'm still experimenting with the glass etching cream. All I can say for sure right now is that it doesn't etch in the time (60 seconds) that was listed. I'll post more soon. The pro-engraver looks amazing!

Mine was just a little hand-held piece, almost like a dremel tool.