Tuesday, January 13, 2009

off my feet



Well. I started out with good intentions.

But, the cold virus got me instead. I've been down for the count since Saturday. Feeling a bit better today though, which prompted me to get out of the house. Well, that and an unexpected paycheck from the college! Turns out we were all supposed to get a check last December 19th, except no one knew that, and they were mailed but the post office lost them. A welcome relief! Things were getting rather hairy. So I excitedly picked up my paycheck and headed to the bookstore to use a gift card from my Dad. I picked up the following:










I'm very excited about all of them- in particular the last. I want to start putting some concrete blocks under these lofty ideas of mine. I hope this will help. The sock creatures should make good use of my random old sock drawer and I see myself making many new creations for the house with the other two books.

I'm excited about my purchases. I wanted to get a book on DIY book making and publishing too- but I had already more than exceeded my gift card and the extra amount I had alloted myself for spending, so I had to say no. Maybe when the teaching checks start coming in or my tax return. We'll see.

And as promised... some happy things from the last week.

1. the feeling of easing into sleep
2. time to read
3. the way my cat sticks his tooth out when I scratch his chin
4. making plans with an old friend
5. hot cider with a little bit o' brandy

No comments: